Dues for the Dead

Avatar for Lawful_Tim Timothy ( Lawful_Tim )

Posted 5 years, 6 months ago

This thread can be used to chat or ask questions about this weeks one shot.

"At it's best, law is an attempt to model morality. At it's worst, we follow it to the knowing detriment of ourselves and others. Most often, it is simply a tool used by those who claim the power to enforce it."

Avatar for AsianGandalf AsianGandalf

Hi, I've signed up for Dues for the Dead on Saturday and I was wondering if I needed any previous experience in 5e D&D? I've played a simplified edition before hand and I loved it.

Kind Regards,

Cennydd/AsianGandalf

No prior experience with D&D 5e (or roll playing in general) is needed. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

"At it's best, law is an attempt to model morality. At it's worst, we follow it to the knowing detriment of ourselves and others. Most often, it is simply a tool used by those who claim the power to enforce it."

Avatar for bibliotek Jess ( bibliotek )

With the preset characters, do we need to let you know which one we want to play/print off the sheet before the session?

I already have printed off all the character sheets. You are welcome to say here which character you want to play, but you don't have to print anything off.

Avatar for bibliotek Jess ( bibliotek )

I was thinking of going for the sorcerer, do you think it would be suitable for a beginniner (I've played in one campaign but it was just base game 5e)?

I've tried to make the characters as beginner friendly as possible, and the sorcerer is no exception. In fact the sorcerer is probably one of the easier spellcasters to start with, as they don't have a list of spells to prepare from as the cleric, druid, and wizard do. Subclasses from outside the Players Handbook don't tend to be more complex than those in it.