RPG Intros: Ultimate (January 12th 2019)

Avatar for Callum Callum ( Callum )

Posted 5 years, 4 months ago

This thread is for general communication regarding the January 2019 RPG Introductory sessions. If you are a prospective player, this is the thread you should be looking at. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Elevator-pitch style descriptions of sessions being run
- Questions about proceedings
- General questions about pen-and-paper RPGs
Alternatively feel free to shoot me any questions you may have on Facebook.

Also, for anyone who may be new here I feel it may be worth mentioning the "events" tab at the top is where the RPG games (and other events) can be found. You can view past events with the click of a button, if you wish to check out which games, systems etc. have been run in the past.

-Callum Marvell (Eggs President) https://www.facebook.com/callum.marvell

Avatar for Callum Callum ( Callum )

I'll kick things off by saying that I am planning a session (probably in Savage Worlds - but not yet decided) based in a well-known sci-fi horror setting. So that should be fun (assuming you like sci-fi and horror, anyways). I also have a million other ideas - so the plan may well change, but for now assume I'm doing the above.

-Callum Marvell (Eggs President) https://www.facebook.com/callum.marvell

Avatar for Lawful_Tim Timothy ( Lawful_Tim )

I’ll be running a D&D 5e game aimed towards newer players, consisting of up to 5 minor adventures ranging from social encounters to dungeon exploration.

"At it's best, law is an attempt to model morality. At it's worst, we follow it to the knowing detriment of ourselves and others. Most often, it is simply a tool used by those who claim the power to enforce it."

Avatar for Jon_Bell Jon ( Jon_Bell )

I will be running something 5e; most likely an AL module, or maybe the same oneshot I ran last term (if people are interested in a little steampunk twist to standard D&D). Don't have the time to write a new custom one, unfortunately.

Avatar for Benji Benjamin ( Benji )

Posted 5 years, 3 months ago

I am planning on running a 16th level DND5e one shot for 4/5 players taking place on a layer of the dungeon of the Mad Mage. I would prefer having more experienced players, considering the power level, and maybe for one of the forever-dms to have some time off. The party would have been part of a larger group that has made its way through the dungeon, but most of which met a grisly end naught but a day ago.

If there is not great demand for DMs then I'll likely not run this.

Avatar for henry-smith henry-smith

Posted 5 years, 3 months ago

If there's an excess of players I'll run something to ease pressure off the big groups.

Either I'll run death house again, or if there's some overlap from last time I ran it, I'll do a mysterious, deserted town investigation for characters at about level 3

Edit: oh my god I can add my own signature nice

![yep] (https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/waypoint/uploads/default/original/3X/1/a/1a19652d6bf23860c3189c8dc52bccecc6d82a59.png)