Looking for VtM Group

Posted 6 years, 6 months ago

Hi there, nothing crazy.Looking to set up a weekly VtM group! Preferably for me, Thursday, any time - 8pm.Now I would love for someone to come and ST for us, as I hardly have much experience, but I would consider running it myself. I mean, you don't get good without the practise.Reply if you're interested in VtM!

I had to google what VtM stood for hahaha

ash

Avatar for James James ( James )

I'm assuming you mean Vampire: The Masquerade?

Which edition are you thinking of?

"We do not stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing."

Yes, Vampire the Masquerade. It's a WoD game, where everyone is the villain. Everyone is a scheming vampire trying to get ahead! There isn't a party per sé, as a coterie of 'allies of convenience'. Also we use the storyteller system: it's not about amassing xp or kills. It's about telling an awesome story.

I'm looking to play VtM 20th edition.

To save people more googling, WoD = World of Darkness - a linked cycle of game systems exploring various supernatural creatures in both the modern day and assorted historical settings.

Willf - I have the 3rd edition main book, and various 2nd and 3rd splat books - are these compatible with your edition?

"We do not stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing."

Err 3rd edition is different isn't it :p I have the 20h edition and all the other rule books as PDF files on my laptop, I'm happy to share them around and we can learn any differences as we play!

When you say "20th Edition" do you mean the 20th Anniversary reissue? Because as far as I know, that is 3rd ed with a lot of material from the splat books added.

There are a few things which have been tweaked between Revised and the 20th Aniversary edition, from my understanding not too much that you couldn't use revised material in 20th, but if using both deciding which set of rules takes priority would be a sensible step. For instance for clan weakness and some disciplines.

Like I say, if we sit down with a rough idea of what VtM should look and feel like, then between us we can filter out what's pure rulebook, or maybe we'll find something we prefer from the 3rd edition! While I don't know the 3rd edition rules myself (only the 20th edition), i DO prefer the 3rd edition's rules on botches!
Right now it's more important to round out potential numbers.
If I assume that you two are interested, then if we can find one more potential joiner, that's a solid group right there!
But nothing's going to be set in stone until anyone sits down together :P

Cool :) I'm definitely interested, I do enjoy Vampire and it's been an age since I've played. Thanks to the curse of the Full Time Job I'm not sure how functional I'll be on Thursday evenings, but I'm prepared to give it a go if we can get the numbers.

I'm absolutely interested, I've never remotely played before but it's something I've been wanting to for ages if that's cool?

Like I said, I fully expect this to be a new-player game. I'm not yet pro-enough at ST'ing to let you play as mortals and then die... but it'll be an introduction nonetheless!
I've created a game post now, so EVERYONE who is interested sign up! And we'll get to building a group!