You can view the full powerpoint minutes for this meeting here:
This meeting was conducted on 07/02/2019 at 1300-1400 in H4.22/4
Finnbar (News Dude)
Jon (RPGs Ass.)
James SF (Wargames)
Tim (LARP Ass.)
Ash (Web Admin.)
Alisdair (CCGs Ass.)
Orders of Business:
1. Tabletop Weekend Duties
2. Group chat #ShameOnYouWarwick
3. Moving exec chat to Discord
4. Star Wars collab
5. Game Design collab update
6. CompSoc borrowing games
- Have we received the leaflets from Zatu for tt weekend yet?
- B2.02 cupboard update?
- Hoodie update: Bananamoon messed me around a bit with edits to the proofs, but now I’ve approved the proofs and the automated email told me “expected delivery date: Friday 8th Feb.” Whether that’s true and/or it’s actually the dispatch date, I’m not sure. The order page says the hoodies have been “passed to production” and nothing else yet.
- Secret Sith??????? Want this in time for tabletop weekend please
- CONTINUE TO PLUG THE AGM AT OUR EVENTS
- Jon will take over printing Secret Sith/laminating it at SUHQ
- It will be done.
1. Tabletop Weekend Duties
- We’re just in B2.02, regular times.
- Duties that need filling:
- Saturday morning set up (room ready for 10am, so arrive at 9.30am please)
- Saturday daytime
- Saturday overnight
- Sunday morning (get there at 10am)
- Sunday daytime
- Sunday night packdown (booking finishes at 10pm, please try and pack up so the room can be vacated by then).
- Exec fulfilling the roles:
- Finnbar, Jakub
- Josh, Callum
- Nigel, Callum
2. Group Chat (#ShameOnYouWarwick)
- James SF (motion): add the named group chat participants to our society’s ban list, to prevent them from participating in society events in the future
- Alisdair raised that other societies have released statements regarding the university’s actions/stance on the group chat members - should we do something?
- It is now the case that the people are no longer returning to the university next year, so James rescinds the motion.
- Alisdair was not present at this meeting, so we decided it would be best to wait on this.
3. Moving Exec Chat to Discord
- Proposal made by Ares:
- Multiple channels - means discussion about various issues doesn’t get buried in other discussions…
- PINNED POSTS!! So the most important information never gets lost and people can find it easily when they need it (i.e. next exec meeting date/time)
- It would potentially encourage more exec to interact with our pre-existing all-society discord, by requiring them to have discord.
- Bots for all our needs/convenience - meeting schedule, for example. Yes, I know we don’t “need” bots right now, but it would be cool.
- Would require people to get discord… However, this should be encouraged regardless, for our society discord. Also it’s no different from forcing people to get Facebook (like I had to), except discord hasn’t had a massive scandal involving people’s personal data being stolen, and also your discord doesn’t appear when people search your name on google. Discord sign up takes 1 minute, tops.
- Need to make sure we don’t let our facebook page/groups fall into disuse; individual reps and secretary/treasurer/pres should still have facebook and maintain the page/groups.
- If we do this, it’ll be in the next exec handover - Ares will set it all up prior to the AGM and we can join it, but should keep discussion to the exec chat on facebook until then.
- We need to make sure that proper discussion on issues is kept to our weekly face-to-face meetings, and doesn’t infringe upon the chat
- Let’s do it!
4. Star Wars Collab
- Richard is no longer running Star Wars
- He’s given us the option of whether to go ahead or not
- But he cannot guarantee that it will not be a repeat of next time if he’s not around
- Delay it until Richard comes back
5. Game Design Update!
- Finnbar talked to them yay!
- Week 7 Weekend: we have LIB2 booked from 10am to 10pm both Saturday and Sunday and overnight
- Talks from us (Finn) and Game Design from 10am-11am Saturday
- Followed by game creation from 11am Saturday to 3pm Sunday (overnight shift will be taken by game design exec)
- Then playtesting from 3pm Sunday
- Dan (Game Design, not ex-sec...) is going to make a list of things for both societies to buy, I’ll try and push for us to buy components because spare components are useful for us anyway.
- Ares is going to create an advertising image by Monday next week, then advertise in newsletter, and GD will create a FB event that we’ll share
- Announcement for this during week 6 and 7 boardgames
- CompSoc contacted Finnbar about borrowing games in two capacities:
- For their weekly Tea++ event in Curiositea, so people can play small games like Coup and Love Letter.
- For their Friday Gaming sessions.
- Things to consider:
- We have rules in place for one-off bookings by societies, how do we deal with possibly recurring bookings?
- We were already planning to protect games for the Postgrad Board Games event (sticky pub tables…) and this would be needed for Tea++ also. How’s this going?
- Do we advertise that CompSoc are borrowing our games?
- Friday is the one day we can definitely do!!
- Nigel wants something in return
- Borrowing some of their equipment - like the vive - for tabletop weekend
- They need to come to a board games event and talk to Patrick so he can write up and organise what they need to borrow and make sure it’s available
- Start in a few weeks or next term
To Discuss (Focussing):
- AGM update (Ares and Nigel)
- Society camera ideas? (Jakub and Tim)