EGM 2019: Amendments

Avatar for finnbar Finnbar ( finnbar )

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago

You can suggest amendments to all motions that were made before the deadline (of Wednesday 12th June, 6pm) in this thread! Please consult the old motions thread to see what motions were proposed. You have until Tuesday 18th June, 6pm to propose these amendments.

Ares wrote a very useful description of how these amendments should be proposed, which I've copied below:

You can comment on this thread to suggest an amendment! First, preface your comment with the number and title of the motion, as seen in the pdf thread linked above. Then, write up your amendment. There's no set format, but be as precise as you can. I would suggest copy pasting the motion, amending it to how you want it, then bolding/italicising all your amendments to make them clear. And then I'd write a description of the amendment you've made and a reason why in a new paragraph afterwards.

Thanks, past Ares! Also, another reminder: the EGM is running from 6-8pm in B2.02 on Wednesday 19th June.

===========================

you can't stop me

Avatar for morrowkei Ares ( morrowkei )

I would like to propose an amendment to Benji's motion about titles: Officer Osborn should be changed to Overlord Osborn. Because I am the Overlord, and it also sounds snazzier.

Avatar for finnbar Finnbar ( finnbar )

I would like to propose an amendment to Ares' amendment. As they have admitted on Discord, they are not the only Overlord [1], so therefore to be factually correct their amendment should read "Because I am an Overlord". Thank you.

[1]:
caus the society has taken over my life, thus i shall take over the society
there can be multiple overlords however no one else has the appropriate alliteration

===========================

you can't stop me