RPG INTROs 2019: General Thread

Avatar for Jon_Bell Jon ( Jon_Bell )

Posted 4 years, 8 months ago

This is a general thread for discussion of the upcoming RPG Intros on the 28th September 2019. If you're a player, this is where you should be looking at. Come here to see: elevator-pitch style descriptions of sessions being run; questions (and answers) about proceedings; and general questions about pen-and-paper RPGs.
Alternatively, you can ask me via Facebook or Discord, or ask general society questions on our Discord (invite code xdDZnY).

Avatar for Lawful_Tim Timothy ( Lawful_Tim )

I'll be running a 1st level D&D 5e game for up to 6 players that is designed for newer players. A number of short adventures in the city of Phlan explore different aspects of roll-playing, from social investigation to dungeon exploration to battles for your life.

"At it's best, law is an attempt to model morality. At it's worst, we follow it to the knowing detriment of ourselves and others. Most often, it is simply a tool used by those who claim the power to enforce it."

Avatar for Benji Benjamin ( Benji )

I'll be running an 11th level D&D 5e game for up to 6 players that is designed for those that have at least experienced some form of tabletop roleplaying before, although complete newcomers are welcome. The story will involve delving into a mad wizard's lair to try bring him to justice. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them (but you are more likely to be replied to quickly via the society's Discord or PMing me on Discord). I will have my own character sheets for people to use, but it'd be better for you to bring your own.

Keep an eye out for the event page, since that is where you will be able to sign up.

Avatar for Jatsmith Joshua ( Jatsmith )

Posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I'll be running the fourth part of D&D 5e, the Lost Mine of Phandelver which is designed for 5 players although 6 is possible. Characters will be level 4 for which I have some pre-gens but feel free to bring your own.
In this adventure you have finally discovered the location of said legendary mine and are ready to throw down with the enigmatic Black Spider.

Avatar for Tobonic Toby ( Tobonic )

I'm hoping to run a D&D 5E Lord of the Rings themed one shot. PCs are premade and are based heavily on LotR characters (with a bit of extra magic thrown in) so you can easily familiarize yourself with the characters. Pitched at first time players, level 3 so you can do some cool stuff, but not so much as to overwhelm you. It includes roleplay moments, a bit of exploration and a dungeon crawl with combat, so something for everyone!
If you want to reserve a spot I’m tobonic#9446 on discord.

Avatar for EndeDoge5 Oliver ( EndeDoge5 )

Hey everyone.
Looking forward to maybe hosting a oneshot dungeon crawler (ideally for 4 players but can host up to 6) at this event, to get a feel of my DM style and hopefully spark an interest in my new homebrew campaign, 'Guardian's Betrayal', which I hope to run as an epic adventure over the course of the year.
Looking forward to meeting some keen players and other DMs!

Avatar for Anakin Anakin ( Anakin )

Hello there!

A bit late on my part. But I will be running a game for RPG intros. Its going to be a 1st level D&D 5e adventure of my own design for new players. Your mission will be to rescue and return a captive from the clutches of a band of goblins across a dark desert. I'm hoping for people who are ready to roleplay as the journey back may have mysteries abound...

You underestimate my power

Avatar for Cerenarian Christopher ( Cerenarian )

Hey!

I'll be running a Pathfinder 1E game for up to 4-5 players at Level 3. The aim is to introduce players to a couple of the aspects beyond 1st level, and also show off some of the styles of combat and puzzles that Pathfinder 1E has.

Set in a wide forest landscape, the oneshot will involve solving a few puzzles built into the world around you, as well as combatting off various creatures of the natural and supernatural, as you strive to make the treacherous supply journey from one town to another.

Avatar for Johnnic Jonah ( Johnnic )

Hi there!
I'll be running a Call of Cthulhu oneshot for between 2-5 players. Any level of skill is accepted here.
Players will be investigating a mystery called Edge of Darkness.
An old university lecturer is soon to die and has summoned your characters to his death bed to tell you a dark secret. This dark secret leads the players on to investigate a farm house where there is strange goings on.

Avatar for minijester1 Sol ( minijester1 )

Hey, as prepped for this as most of my games! :D
Hoping to run a D&D 5e Adventures in Middle Earth one-shot of some description.
You will be a group of diverse adventurers from middle earth, coming together to form your own fellowship on a wondrous journey across the depths of Mirkwood!
I nice easy introduction into the world of middle earth, playing the Greatest Tabletop Roleplaying System in the world's Greatest Fantasy Setting! What could possibly go wrong!

(I could also run Edge of the Empire if we need more of a range or if not even more 5e with a standard oneshot, non-standard oneshot, most things really!)

Society's (self proclaimed) greatest Rogue/Assassin!

Avatar for Sporeman0 Patrick ( Sporeman0 )

I'll be running a Shadowrun 5th edition game for up to 5 players.
Shadowrun is a cyberpunk/fantasy system - it's set about 50 years into the future and also features magic and monsters like with D&D. It's also a little more complex than D&D 5e, but you still don't need any experience to play on Saturday.
You don't need to create your own character (and character creation is very involved, so I wouldn't recommend it for a one shot). You also don't need to bring your own dice, but if you want to, you'll want to have at least 10 d6s, which is what Shadowrun uses.

In terms of what to expect content-wise, you'll be breaking a member of the Mafia in south Italy out of prison for a crime he apparently didn't commit. It may seem relatively simple, albeit illegal, but shadowruns are never that easy - you wouldn't be paid so much if it was, after all.