RPG INTROs 2019: Prospective GM Thread

Avatar for Jon_Bell Jon ( Jon_Bell )

Posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Most of those reading this will know the drill here; RPG Intro Oneshots are coming up at the start of next term, and we're expecting a big turnout if last year was anything to go by. So, we need some volunteer GM's willing to run oneshots. The University has booked several rooms on our behalf (see this spreadsheet) and I'm aiming to allocate as many as possible before the day to (hopefully) make things run smoothly. So please let us know if you're interested in running a game, and if so, what system and level. You can turn up on the day with a game to run, but it makes things easier if you sign up here (or let me know elsewhere on Facebook or Discord).
Of course, we also have our normal pub trip booked for afterwards, which this year will be held at Varsity (not the Dirty Duck), and we have space booked from 7pm (though we expect groups to filter in as and when they finish).
Additionally, the general discussion thread for the event can be found here: https://www.warwicktabletop.co.uk/forum/thread/280/ where you can make elevator-style pitches ahead of time (if you wish). And as one final note, please do not sign up to the event in the events section; that is for working out how many prospective players we have, and therefore how many GM's we need.

Avatar for Lawful_Tim Timothy ( Lawful_Tim )

I aim to be around by welcome week, so intend to run a D&D 5e level 1 game for up to 6 players.

"At it's best, law is an attempt to model morality. At it's worst, we follow it to the knowing detriment of ourselves and others. Most often, it is simply a tool used by those who claim the power to enforce it."

Avatar for Sporeman0 Patrick ( Sporeman0 )

I'm intending to run a Shadowrun 5th edition game for up to 5 players.

Avatar for Benji Benjamin ( Benji )

I am planning on running a level 11 D&D 5e one shot of sorts. I'm hoping it will set up other sessions I plan to run later on this year.

Avatar for Callum Callum ( Callum )

I will obviously be there, and will be running something - I have no idea what just yet, but it will be something

-Callum Marvell (Eggs President) https://www.facebook.com/callum.marvell

Avatar for chilifiend Joey ( chilifiend )

I am planning on running a D&D 5e level 3 adventure for up to five.

Avatar for Jatsmith Joshua ( Jatsmith )

I plan on running part 4 of lost mine of phandelver which is the mine itself so it is mostly dungeon.

Avatar for wilkieds Wilkie ( wilkieds )

Posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I'd like to run between 3 and 5 people through a completely improvised Level 1 Dungeon World adventure! These can be quite short, like two hours, so I can easily run multiple groups over a longer period!

Avatar for shaofu Thomas ( shaofu )

I plan on running a low level game for 2 to 5 people. I'm calling it Bonds of Iron, it will be in my system.

Avatar for ArdRíCáel Niamh/Naomhán ( ArdRíCáel )

I'm planning on running a Call of Cthulhu game for those new to Call of Cthulhu or RPGs in general (although of course anyone would be welcome to join!) for 2 to 5 people.

Avatar for Tobonic Toby ( Tobonic )

If I'm available I'm going to run a 5E level 3 game with PCs as close approximations of Lord of the Rings characters. Up to 8.

I am probably going to run a one shot in Eberron for about 4 to 8 people, mystery orientated being focused on working out why some warforged are trying to infiltrate a Dragonmarked house's facilities.

Avatar for Lawful_Tim Timothy ( Lawful_Tim )

Due to a combination of not being able to move into Coventry until after welcome week, the ridiculously expensive train ticket to get to Coventry, and feeling bad about sleeping on people’s sofas, it seems I will likely be unable to attend the Intro to RPGs event.

"At it's best, law is an attempt to model morality. At it's worst, we follow it to the knowing detriment of ourselves and others. Most often, it is simply a tool used by those who claim the power to enforce it."

Avatar for Anakin Anakin ( Anakin )

Obviously a bit late but hopefully you know I'll be running something. Just posted something in the other thread as my ideas are just now culminating into a fully prepped game.

You underestimate my power

Avatar for Cerenarian Christopher ( Cerenarian )

I'm pretty new to the club as I didn't really attend much last year but I'd like to run a Level 3 Pathfinder Game for about 4 or 5 people. Forest themed, probably to introduce people to the game if they haven't played it before.

Avatar for Johnnic Jonah ( Johnnic )

I was planning on running a Call of Cthulhu oneshot for 2-5 players. Can have beginngers to experienced players.

Avatar for Jon_Bell Jon ( Jon_Bell )

I've updated the spreadsheet in the starting post here to include room allocations for everyone I currently know to be running a game.

Avatar for soupsmith Callum ( soupsmith )

Sorry about the late notice, but I'll be running a 3rd level D&D 5E one-shot. I normally have 5 players, but I should be fine with 6, and I can maybe manage 7. Not convinced about 7 though.

Avatar for finnbar Finnbar ( finnbar )

I'm finally posting about this! Hooray!

I'll be running Crash Pandas, a one-page RPG about raccoons trying to drive a racing car. Don't ask questions. Since it's a one-page RPG, I'll also have Run The Shadows (a one-page parody of Shadowrun) Adventure Skeletons (another one-page RPG) prepared just in case Trash Pandas doesn't last as long.

i'm free