RPG Oneshots: January 2020

Avatar for Jon_Bell Jon ( Jon_Bell )

Posted 4 years, 4 months ago

It's that time again! We're running oneshots on the 11th January (see here for the Event). This time around, we'll be condensing the two forum threads down into one (as that seemed a little confusing last time).
So, as per usual, we need some volunteer GMs willing to run oneshots. I've got several rooms booked (see this spreadsheet) and I'm aiming to allocate as many as possible before the day to (hopefully) make things run smoothly. So please let us know if you're interested in running a game, and if so, what system and level. You can turn up on the day with a game to run, but it makes things easier if you sign up here (or let me/Anakin know elsewhere on Facebook or Discord).
We're treating this as the traditional thread for elevator style pitches, so prospective players may ask questions etc. as well if you want to know about the systems, event or anything else.
Of course, we also have our normal pub trip afterwards, which I will be booking later today from 7pm (though we expect groups to filter in as and when they finish).

Avatar for minijester1 Sol ( minijester1 )

Posted 4 years, 3 months ago

(I've let Anakin know but...)

Will be running an AiME 5e adventure set in Bree Land.
The company will be dragged along on a treasure hunt in the lands amongst bree helping a poor man find his inheritance!
Preferably no more than 6 playing but as always I can accommodate more if needed!

Society's (self proclaimed) greatest Rogue/Assassin!

Posted 4 years, 3 months ago

‘Last Friday Night’
You are a group of students that have just moved into a house together, and everything is fine. Everything is great in fact, and yet that will be the problem. Something in the Neighbourhood is not quite right, but it’s subtle and other than that everything is great you have a place with your friends and plans for parties, but not everything is going to plan.

This is a game of subtle horror, about trying to stay true to yourself when something supernatural is trying to oppose that. It will be more social and investigative based rather than combat focused. The idea is that going into the game, the only setting knowledge you will need is about the University of Warwick and what it is like to be a student, and in the game will be about finding out what is going on, as your characters learn about the occult.

Chronicles of Darkness (or new World of Darkness) is a game set mostly in our universe but with Urban Fantasy elements, (think Supernatural, Shadowhunters, Charmed, the Dresden Files, Buffy as inspirations)