You can view the full powerpoint minutes for this meeting here:
This meeting was conducted on 07/01/2019 at 1300 in B2.03
Finnbar (News Dude)
Ellie (CCGs Ass.)
Jon (RPGs Ass.)
Tim (LARP Ass.)
Ash (Web Admin.)
James SF (Wargames)
Orders of Business:
- RPG One Shots
- Exec Handover Doc
- Borrowing society equipment
- ADVERTISE HOODIES AT ALL OUR MAJOR EVENTS!
a. HOODIE ORDER DEADLINE: JAN 14th
b. There’s an advertising slide in the google drive! Use it!
c. Will be advertised in this week’s newsletter, a new announcement on discord and shared to all the fb channels
- Anything more on B2.02 cupboards? (has Old Rob been contacted?)
- Any website updates to be reported on (anonymous complaints form)?
- Tabletop weekend week 9: we’ll have MR2 from 11.30am on Sat, not able to find a big enough room for the day until we get B2.02 at 5pm
- Buying new stuff for the society: following events now in the Duck (messy pub) what about playmats, and sleeves for regularly played board games?
- SECRET SITH NEEDS TO BE PRINTED ETC
- Someone from the SU is currently signing our Zatu contract
- It will be done
- Rob doesn’t know the physics PhD either - need to go back to Johnston and talk to him about it (Nigel)
- Ash began to work on the anonymous complaints form, Finnbar looked into some things. Aim to get the anonymous complaints form done by the handover (ideally by the week 8 AGM).
- Patrick knows.
- Take a look at the xwing/wargames playmats; otherwise, order a couple of big ones and a couple of small ones. I’ll liaise with Ellie on this. Patrick will do boardgames sleeves.
6 . Patrick will do that this weekend. Laminating can be done at the SUHQ reception desk.
1. RPG One Shots
- Enough rooms booked, Callum has made the forum thread for the event.
- Will readvertise via the normal channels leading up to the event.
- Finnbar will put a discord announcement out.
2. Exec Handover Doc
- THANK YOU TO: Nigel, Finnbar, Callum, Jakub
- NOT CONTRIBUTED YET: Nathan, Ash, James SF, Aleksa, Patrick (gets a pass because he's been away all Christmas), Josh
- Reminder to add stuff to the events that are relevant to you
- Hard deadline on contributions: end of week 3 (as Ares is probably busy until then anyway)
- Please do it or Ares will be very upset
- Will put a reminder facebook post up on the exec group (Ares)
- Week 8 during board games
- Who is the returning officer?
- What do we need to discuss at the AGM in addition to the regular election business?
- Is anyone thinking of proposing any motions?
- Is everyone thinking about their successors?
- Ares will create a mini advertisement for the AGM sometime this week, and we can advertise it starting next week when the hoodie orders close and that business is sorted.
- Need to create a nomination thread on the website? Last year, both facebook and the website were used and there were separate threads on both.
- Returning officer has to be someone who’s NOT running for a role
- Ares may or may not be running depending on PhD
- NIGEL will be returning officer
- Nigel can get the powerpoint from last year off Dan
- Tim: officially renaming LARP equipment officer
- Nigel needs to look into electronic voting.
- We’ll be motioning in the exec handover document
- I’ll create a forum thread for nominations on the website, and we will link this thread everywhere else (FB, discord) rather than having separate threads.
4. Borrowing society equipment
- Someone enquired on the discord about regularly “checking out” RPGs equipment
- Discord server #RPGs, Benjamin M, Tiny Iron Man (Fri 04/01/2019): Exec, for borrowing items in the future, would it be possible to do a standing order sort of thing? Like, every Friday evening, and it's returned by the next morning (b2.02 locks permitting)?
- What's our system?
- Callum has a google spreadsheet for RPG orders - will need to update this for recurring orders.
- Callum is the only one with editing permissions - so basically, the system is go to Callum and he’ll pencil you in.
- Add a link to the spreadsheet on the website (and an explanation, on the proposed FAQs page?)
- Add in the details of this to the exec handover document
- Will continue to keep the sign out book system for board games rather than doing it electronically
To Discuss (Focussing):
- AGM update probably (Ares)
- Hoodie update (Ares)
- Zatu update (Finnbar)
- Game design update (Finnbar)
- Locks update (Nigel)
- Commander tournament idea (Ellie)
- Set the times starting Thursday next week