2018/19 Term 2 Week 3 Exec Meeting Minutes

24 Jan 2019

Posted by Ares ( Avatar for morrowkei morrowkei )

You can view the full powerpoint minutes for this meeting here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-7NEni8f4xH17Zyk4XlUqq444MiE5tC6HmU2AyrIpOc/edit?usp=sharing
This meeting was conducted on 24/01/2019 at 1300-1500 in A0.23

Exec Present:
Ares (Sec.)
Nigel (Pres.)
Patrick (Boardgames)
Finnbar (News Dude)
Callum (RPGs)
Alisdair (CCGs Ass.)
Jakub (LARP)
Josh (CCGs)
Jon (RPGs Ass.)
Nathan (Treasurer)
James SF (Wargames)

Exec Absent:
Tim (LARP Ass.)
Ash (Web Admin.)
Aleksa (Draft)

Orders of Business:
Reminders/Updates
1. Handover document update
2. AGM update
3. Hoodie update
4. Zatu Update (Finnbar)
5. Game Design Update (Finnbar)
6. Confidential Welfare Issue (Patrick and James SF)
7. Commander Tournament Idea (Alisdair)
8. Quiz

Reminders/Updates:
Info/To Discuss:

  1. B2.02 locks! (Nigel)
  2. SU society page description needs updating, in particular:
    a. Just rewriting the descriptions. It’s bad.
    b. Adding week days/times to the event headers and putting them in chronological order
    c. Adding link to website “events” page (under RPGs)

Actions:

  1. No update on locks. Nigel will talk to Rob in person.
  2. Finnbar’s job to do the edits to the SU site. This should be added to the handover document too.

1. Exec Handover Doc Update
Info/To Discuss:

  • Thank you to:
    • Nigel, Finnbar, Callum, Jakub, Josh
  • :( to:

    • Nathan, Ash, James SF, Aleksa, Patrick
  • Reminder: add information to the events that are relevant to you
  • IF YOU’RE WELFARE, HEALTH AND SAFETY OR EQUAL OPPS YOU NEED TO WRITE ABOUT THOSE AS WELL

Actions:

  • Hard deadline on your contributions: end of week 3 (as Ares is probably busy until then anyway)
  • Please do it or Ares will be very upset

2. AGM Update
Info/To Discuss:

  • Ares has created a graphic for it
  • Ares has created a new forum folder on the website (called official society business) which they've created the following threads within:
    • FAQ (all updated now that the website character limit is increased)
    • 2019 AGM thread: the specific thread for nominations/motions to be posted to.
    • (Will move the old AGM stuff to this forum folder, but not until the issue with formatting getting removed on threads that are moved has been solved)
  • Ares has done the FB event (Finnbar shared this to all groups) and Discord announcement.

Actions:

  • Finnbar can send out a specific email about the AGM, in addition to advertising it in the newsletter.
    • This can be resent closer to the deadline for submitting motions and getting a membership
  • Advertise it at our events! I’ve made a slide for it in the google drive! (in the newly renamed folder “advertising slides”)

3. Hoodie Update
Info/To Discuss:

  • I’ve emailed bananamoon with our order details, awaiting a response.

Actions:

  • Need to work out how we pay for the hoodies; Nigel will talk to the SU about this.

4. Zatu Update (Finnbar)
Info/To Discuss:

  • So we have a sponsorship now, after the many trials and tribulations of working with the SU.
  • They sent an email asking about sorting out the relevant bits of the contract. tl;dr of my (Finnbar's) reply:
    • We’ve made one social media post (out of the three required), the newsletter.
    • We’ve got a sponsors page with them on it.
    • Yes we’d love some leaflets! I’m thinking we should hand these out during Tabletop Weekend.
    • I gave them a bunch of stuff to say in their blog post about all the events we run, as well as the various social media links they should use to advertise us.
    • I asked for the prices of two games: Roll Player and Millenium Blades.
  • They’ve... not got back to me yet. (I emailed them on the 18th.)

Actions:

  • Keep track of facebook stats for Zatu posts, because they may ask for them.
  • Finnbar will keep an eye out for a reply and likely send a “hey, are things still good” email soon.

5. Game Design Update (Finnbar)
Info/To Discuss:

  • I was admittedly distracted with Zatu stuff, but I did message Dan (Pres)!
  • We’re definitely running it during the weekend of week 7 (and can advertise the AGM during it…), from 10am on the Saturday to 3pm on the Sunday, with playtesting after 3pm.
  • Things to discuss:
    • Two talks are planned (one board games themed and one game design themed) - when should they happen? Could both happen at the start of the event or could have one during their usual Thursday talk slot.
    • What needs buying? We previously discussed wooden cubes, washers and paper.
    • Game Design tend to go to Nando’s in Coventry after a game jam so that’s a thing we can join for.
  • Game Design have a game jam this weekend so are busy but I’ll try to meet with them after that.

Actions:

  • Need to arrange the talks at a time when most people will be around.
  • Wait for further discussion with Game Design.

6. Confidential Welfare Issue (Patrick + JSF)
Info/To Discuss:

  • The confidential matter has been discussed and resolved.

Actions:

  • Any exec member not present at this meeting: please talk to James SF, Nigel, or Patrick.

7. Commander Tournament (Alisdair)
Info/To Discuss:

  • Not discussed due to time constraint.

Actions:

  • Discuss in following weeks.

8. Quiz!
Info/To Discuss:

  • Friday 08/03 (Week 9) 6-8pm OC0.01
    • (room booked 5-10pm)
  • Need people to do rounds!
    • Ares: 2 round ideas: “music” round and a fibbage based round
    • So need ~4 people to volunteer
      • Nigel, Callum, Finnbar so far

Actions:

  • Further discussion next week.

Next Meeting:
To Discuss (Focussing):

  • Follow up on confidential matter (Nigel, James SF and Patrick)
  • Quiz again (Ares)
  • Commander Tournament (Alisdair)