[Kazoo theme tune] hey look there's more meeting minutes, welcome to Friday evening with Finnbar
You can view the full PowerPoint meeting minutes on Google Slides
This meeting was conducted 8/11/19 at 1400-1500 in S0.28
Published only a week later, good going Finnbar
Jon Cheah (Wargames)
Jon Bell (RPGs)
Anakin (Assistant RPG)
Exec Absent (all with apologies)
Ares (Draft, Graphic Design)
Thomas (Web Admin)
Rick Astley, who said he'd be there in the Doodle poll and as such has truly given me up :(
Orders of Business
- One-shots Throughout Term
- Hooray, one of our new boxes already has a crack in it (and other woes)
Reminders and Updates
- Wow we actually made it through the last two weeks! The auction and Escape Room were both huge successes. [After meeting note: nobody reads these so I can be positive about myself - I put a lot of work into both of those so am very proud. Obviously Callum is also to be thanked for his huge work put into the auction, Josh gets thanks for carrying games to the auction, Jon Bell and Jakub get thanks for carrying games from Westwood, and Ares gets the biggest thanks for letting me be their escape room partner in crime.]
- Trans Awareness week next week - please make cake if possible.
- Murder Mystery is very much in progress, will run early term 2 (start advertising late this term).
- Big RPGs in progress. [After meeting note: Wizards is cool with it!!]
- Otherwise things are pretty calm for a bit.
1. One-Shots Throughout Term
We didn't get very far with this discussion - it was the eternal debate of whether people have time to run these (spoilers: they don't). In the end, it depends on who's around to run what. To copy the discussion points from the slides:
- We’ve had many people asking about RPGs in the middle of term. Which doesn’t really work because campaigns have started already. Thoughts?
- Last year Lawful Tim ran one-shots throughout term which helped with this so much
- There was discussion about making the organisation of one-shots a formal part of the RPG Rep role (shouldn’t enforce that the RPG Rep alone does this, also not for this year)
- There are also other ways of introducing new players temporarily
- Guest characters in existing campaigns
- Rotating groups
2. Hooray, one of our new boxes already has a crack in it (and other woes)
One of the big new boxes has a crack in it and its lid is bowing. (I'm not sure I can get a refund for it.)
We decided to keep it going but when it dies we won't get those boxes again. We didn't really discuss the alternative options, but that discussion will definitely come up - but as Jon Cheah said, if we just have to buy a new £10 every year, that's okay.
Also, people haven't taken their auction lots and thus we can't bin the shit bag. [After meeting note: lots have been taken, bag is destroyed. Also Callum found a new small suitcase in a charity shop and it's really good actually.]
- Tabletop weekend
- Christmas (we need a new Holiday Officer)
- Newsletter statistics. (What do people want from a newsletter? How many people actually read it?) Interestingly we had a discussion on this in the meeting anyway because we finished early - we definitely need the newsletter for showing off what we do, and it's very important to note that it's not as much an advertising platform but a way to find out cool stuff that happened in games.