You can view the meeting minutes on Google Slides here.
This meeting was conducted on 16/05/2021 at 11am-12pm over Discord.
These minutes were published on 16/05/2021.
😊 Exec Present
- Anakin (very late lmao)
🥰 Non-Exec Present
- Lawful Tim
😔 Exec Absent
- Anna (no obligation to be here tho)
- J (same)
📋 Orders of Business
Reminders/Updates (holiday recap)
- Big events this term
- Merch orders
- Introduction to WISA
Action Points, Next Meeting
💭 Reminders/Updates (Holiday Update)
- We submitted all of our Welcome Week Timetable Events on time (thanks to everyone who helped!)
- Risk assessments: all of these have also been submitted!
- We submitted our Socs Awards Nominations! Thanks to Finnbar for writing them.
- Awards ceremony date: Friday 4th June, 7pm. If you want to go, keep your calendar free on this date.
- Handover is (mostlyyyy) done
- Handover pack is waiting on LARP inventory and Increasing Member Engagement.
- Finnbar, Nathan and James went to the cupboard and photographed all the LARP inventory. Items have been put in the doc but they need values assigned.
- 🏃♀️ Action: Nathan/James put values to items by end of next weekend (nominally, no huge rush). Need to also fill in the “wish list” in the handover pack. Arrows, paint for repairs, weapon lube/silicone spray (lol).
- 🏃♀️ Action: Anakin do IME by next weekend
- Once the LARP inventory / increasing member engagement is done, we can send the handover pack off. (🏃♀️ Action: Ares)
- Website exec page updated ✅
- Handover checklist is done ✅
- We made some cute intro profiles for Facebook/newsletter ✅
- We organised a Eurovision collab with UWCS and this has already all been set-up/announced (see
#announcements on Discord) - Sat 22nd. Join the Eurovision Discord if you wanna join in the fun!
🕐 1. Big Events this Term
We need to decide on dates and the people responsible for our big events this term/in the summer holidays.
No one has an exam later than end of week 8. A lot of people finish around the 12th.
- Eurovision: sorted
- Tabletop Extrav: Week 10 weekend, 2 days, Sat-Sun (3rd/4th)
- 🏃♀️ Anyone who wants to organise a tournament/big event/whatever, you can now safely organise that on this weekend.
- Quiz: Week 9 Friday (entry costs can be donations to the radio fundraiser)
- Anakin will be running it
- Quiz round runners: James (John round), Nathan, Anakin, Jamie, Hannah, Sol, Jon (James round?)
- 🏃♀️ Action: get your quiz rounds to Anakin by Wednesday(/Thursday, if you must) of week 9 (23rd)
- Tabletop Radio: Week 9 weekend (26th/27th)
- Need to have a meeting within the next few weeks with organisers to lay out a plan of action (🏃♀️ action: Ares will organise a doodle poll for this asap)
- Megagame: not for a while. Discussion for this will happen after Tabletop Radio.
- Laser Quest: (Anakin is organising this one)
- We have a few ideas floating around of what we could do.
- Online, competitive element.
- Haven’t heard from Amelie as to any of her ideas.
- 🏃♀️ Action: need to liaise with Amelie as to when this is gonna happen. Then need to plan out the event(s).
- If anyone has any ideas as to what we could do, message Anakin.
🕑 2. Merch
- When do we want to get a merch order up?
- As the in-person contact this term is minimal (no in-person soc events), we could wait until after exams and sort the order over the holiday in time for term 1 next year? Agreed on this.
- Ike (with Benji guidance) will sort out an order after exams are done/start of the holiday
- What merch do we want?
- Hoodies for sure - but provider change? 🏃♀️ Action: Ike think about this, whether we need a new provider/whether Bananamoon is still okay, talk to Benji about it, do some research
- Pronoun badges? Badges are cool. Will do all the merch in one go. 🏃♀️ Action: Ares think about whether the badge design needs a slight update.
- Banakin calendar…………? 🏃♀️ Action: Anakin research calendar printing and sort out designs, message Ares if any complicated design stuff is needed.
- Football sized 3D logo???
- Flag??? 🏃♀️ Action: Ares will design one over the holiday and get it printed by Term 1.
- What are we doing with the dice that have arrived (and are currently being stored at Finnbar/Ares' house)?
- Distribute dice during Term 1. Save a list of members from this year, and distribute dice to both membership for 2021/22 and 2020/21.
- 🏃♀️ Action: ask Anna how to best do this with GDPR (can we keep a list of members?)
🕒 3. WISA
- WISA - Warwick Inter-Society Announcements
#external-announcements, but done collaboratively between a bunch of societies (currently us, UWCS, FetSoc, Mafia, and now ASD is getting involved).
- Tabletop exec involved: Ares, Finnbar, Jamie (3 max per soc)
- All the relevant info can be found here.
- We launched on Friday, and made our first official (introductory) post!!
- If you have any queries, just ask Ares about it, or contact the WISA email direct.
🕓 4. LARP Character Creation Event (AOB)
- Suggestion by someone that we should have a character creation session for LARP.
- Concern with when this will happen, as obviously LARP isn’t happening right now and this term is pretty full.
- Could run during welcome week/soon after?
- Probably during Week 1, after people have been roped in during the LARP taster session during welcome week.
- This would be online, Discord thing. So can organise it whenever without the need for event approval.
- 🏃♀️ Action point: think about this over the holidays and plan it out for Term 1.
🏃♀️ Action Points
- Exec Handover pack:
- Nathan/James: put values to items by end of next weekend (22nd/23rd May). Need to also fill in the “wish list” in the handover pack.
- Anakin: do IME by next weekend (22nd/23rd May)
- Ares: once the above is done, submit Handover Pack to SU (ASAP).
- Ares: make advertisements for Tabletop Extrav and Quiz (and Tabletop Radio teaser…?) today for newsletter
- [Tabletop Extrav] Anyone who wants to organise a Tabletop Extrav event: you can now do so (put it on the website and advertise it)
- [Quiz] James (John round), Nathan, Anakin, Jamie, Hannah, Sol, Jon (James round?): get your quiz rounds to Anakin by Wednesday(/Thursday, if you must) of week 9 (23rd June)
- [Tabletop Radio] Ares: organise a doodle poll for an organiser’s meeting (ASAP) then advertise this to the membership
- [Laser Quest] Anakin: liaise with Amelie as to when this is gonna happen (ASAP). Then need to plan out the event(s).
- [Hoodies] Ike: sort out an order after exams are done/start of the holiday. Think about whether we need a new provider/whether Bananamoon is still okay, talk to Benji about it, do some research.
- [Badges] Ares: think about whether the badge design needs a slight update, plan this by the time merch order becomes a thing
- [Calendar] Anakin: research calendar printing and sort out designs, message Ares if any complicated design stuff is needed by the time merch order becomes a thing
- [Flag] Ares: design one over the holiday and get it printed by Term 1
- [Dice] Ares: ask Anna how to best distribute dice and keep track of this with GDPR compliance (can we keep a list of members?) (by Term 1 but realistically ASAP)
- LARP “character creation event”
- James/Nathan: think about this over the holidays and plan it out for term 1. If you need advertising image(s), ask Ares
- Finnbar: die under a pile of achievements (10 minutes after exec meeting ends)
➡ Next Meeting
When: Week 5
- Discord moderation (discuss Finnbar, Ares, Jamie before this meeting happens).
Focusing: Finnbar, Ares, Jamie.
- Tabletop Radio update (depending on how much gets done/whether the organisers meeting has happened or not etc etc).
Focusing: anyone who wants to help organise Tabletop Radio.
- CCGs renaming?? (didn’t get time this meeting)
Focusing: Jamie, and anyone else with a huge investment in this.