You can view the meeting minutes on Google Slides here.
This meeting was conducted on 12/06/2021 at 3-5pm over Discord.
These minutes were published on 12/06/2021.
😊 Exec Present
🥰 Non-Exec Present
😔 Exec Absent
- Lewis (with apology)
- Benji (with apology, but no obligation)
- Anna (no obligation)
- Seb (with apology, but no obligation)
- Sol (with apology, but no obligation)
📋 Orders of Business
Action Point Recap
- Discord Moderation
🏃♀️ Action Point Recap
The action point review is given as an image below (right click -> view image to see in full), as there is quite a lot to it (you can also see them on the linked powerpoint):
Expanding on action points from last meeting:
- Thank you to James and Nathan and Anakin for filling in the outstanding bits of the handover pack! 🏃♂️ The handover pack will be submitted on Monday by Ares
- Are all the quiz round hosts alright with having their round sorted? Yes, all good! Remember to get your quiz rounds in by Wednesday Week 9!
- EGM - 🏃♂️ will be sorted by Ares in time for Week 9 advertisement. Quorum of 20 for constitutional, and 13 for non-constitutional.
- Update on laser quest? No update yet but Anakin and Amelie just finished exams, so will start organising soon.
- We won some stuff at the Socs Awards for the first time ever!! Exciting!
- Most Creative Society for Megagame, and Finnbar and Ares won contribution awards.
- Finnbar has worked on putting our awards up on the website, and 🏃♂️ now needs to link the awards page within the website. 🏃♂️ Also might do a small redesign of the front page.
- Just had our latest Tabletop Radio organisers meeting a few hours ago, and we’re going to be doing a big advertising push on Monday.
- We’ve started getting a flood of messages about our welcome week events with provisional rooms. Jenny is very nice. Please keep an eye on
#welcome-week in the exec Discord and on your emails if you’re a faction rep with an event, as we have been getting clarification questions on our events.
🕐 1. Discord Moderation Document
- We spent the majority of the meeting discussing the Discord Moderation Document, which has been put together by Finnbar, Jamie and Ares.
- We took everyone through the structure of the document and what had been done so far, and got feedback on that.
- Then we collaboratively wrote an outline for the "what to do in case of an infraction" section.
- This document is not ready to be viewed by general membership yet, hence the lack of link in this section. However, 🏃♂️ it will be released in a complete first draft form in the coming weeks, in time for the EGM that is nominally set for Week 11 (the week after the end of term).
🏃♀️ Action Points
- Ares: submit Handover Pack to SU (this Monday).
- Ares: sort out organisation of an EGM ASAP, which will need to be advertised in Week 9
- Finnbar: link up the awards page on the website (ASAP)
- [Quiz] James (John round), Nathan, Anakin, Jamie, Hannah, Sol, Jon (James round?): get your quiz rounds to Anakin by Wednesday(/Thursday, if you must) of week 9 (23rd June)
- [Laser Quest] Anakin: start organising this with Amelie soon (ASAP)
- Finnbar, Ares, Jamie: make sure that a first proper draft of the Moderation Guidelines is available for everyone to read before the EGM happens.
- See timeline of events in the minutes from last meeting.
➡ Next Meeting
When: Week 10 (skipping Week 9 as a lot of Tabletop Radio prep will be happening then).
- EGM and moderation guideline check-in. Focusing: Finnbar, Jamie, Ares.
- What are we doing over the holidays? Focusing: no one in particular.
- Tabletop Extravaganza. Focusing: Alex.