It's my final newsletter! (Unless I do a holiday one I guess then I'll look really silly). So long, and thanks for coming along for the ride!
❗ Announcements ❗
🎲🧰💻🐉 Collabs Survey
We (still) have a survey looking at our recent collabs, just to get a sense of how effective our advertising is, general interest, and how busy our members are. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to fill in, so if you haven't already please do so - it really helps!
🏖 Holiday Things
We have a few different holiday events over Easter - regular events on Thursday afternoons from 5-10pm (we're in MB0.08 in Week 11, FAB2.43 in Weeks 12, 13, and 14) and Postgrad Boardgames in the Dirty Duck on the 21st of April 5-9pm.
If you need card access for MB0.08 during this, ping Jon Cheah (
@Nahjo_Che#2025) on Discord and let him know so he can sort it.
❔ What's happening this week? ❔
- Monday 5-10pm: In Person Wargames - B2.01, B2.02
- Tuesday 6-10pm: In Person Draft - B2.02 - CNS - £10 - you must sign up here to take part.
- Wednesday 2-10pm: In Person Board Games - B2.02 from 2-5pm, then B2.04/5 from 5-10pm, with B2.01 from 4-10pm to help with the changeover from B2.02 to B2.04/5
- Thursday 5-10pm: In Person CCGs - B2.04/5
- Sunday 12-5pm: No LARP on because it's the end of term
💭 What happened last week? 💭
Tabletop Weekend! TWO games of Twilight Imperium happened! One of them apparently "only" lasted four hours, and Reylynn won! As of the time of writing, the other one
is still going has just finished - it had already started when I got here about half 12 (and apparently setup ended at half 11). It's now almost half 9. The survivors were not available for comment as they seemed too tired for me to want to disturb them with questions.
After two years, the prophesised unset draft happened! Highlights include Amelie sprinting into another room to say hello to people, Lewis bribing me to keep talking to Scarlett so he could get money in game (nothing's going to happen on Tuesday if you're in that Blades game with me simply do not be concerned), and the power of eight fantastic sides and eight awesome angles almost, but not quite, saving Sophie from death. In the end, Lewis claimed victory through the power of bribery in real life for game advantage and also good play!
The Quiz happened! It was six rounds of absolutely chaotic questioning, on topics ranging from villainy to herpetology, from wargaming to indie gayming, Nigel and CCGs Apologel. There was also a
suprisingly doable given how absolutely evil I tried to make some of the questions perfectly normal bonus round made of old quiz questions. As prophesised by our very name, team Perfectly Balanced (a name I made up on a whim with no rationale behind it) won the quiz. Anakin, Soren, Lils and I scraped out a win by two and a half points!
Extra Bonus End Bit
It's been a hell of a year, and I've got a lot of thank yous to say:
- To past co-ops, for keeping the newsletter intact and having good ideas to steal from.
- To Finnbar, for the new editor, for template changes, and for pronoun formatting advice. (and for everything else but if I keep this message to newsletter relevant stuff it might actually fit).
- To Ares, for all your work in not only making sure I'm on top of when and what to announce, but also giving everything amazing graphics so it's not just blocks of text.
- To all the rest of the exec, for proofreading, for advice, and for making sure there's a rest of the society for me to keep writing newsletters about!
- To you! Thank you for reading the newsletter! You make all this hard work worth something, and every time I got any kind of response about the newsletter it genuinely always made my day.
I hope you're all prepared for the apuncalypse come future newsletters, as Lils takes over the mantle and infinite powers of co-op come term three!
Wash your hands, stay safe, and come play some games with us 💛
Hannah Collins (she/they/fae, Communications and Operations, as sleepy as ever.)
@aceempress#9631 on Discord
We're sponsored by Zatu Games! Use the code WTGRS5 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!