Y'all, I don't know how it's already Week 5, but I hope you are all well and looking after yourselves. This week's newsletter really is packed with important links, so have fun clicking!
❗ Announcements ❗
🧑🏫 Exec Meeting Minutes
You can view last week's Exec Meeting minutes here!
We worked on a shortlist for the charity that we want to support with this year's Tabletop Radio (see later in the newsletter for more on that!), checked in about the Murder Mystery LARP (see literally below this for more on that), and started thinking about this term's quiz!!
🔪 LARP Murder Mystery Sign Up and Survey
You can now sign up to our Murder Mystery LARP event right here! There are 20 slots available, and when you sign up, you'll get to do this survey, which will help determine your role for the evening (please only fill in the survey once you've signed up to the event).
As a reminder, the event is set on the luxurious airship of a rich and dangerous family, all of whom harbour secrets. The night will be full of drama, tension, and maybe even murder.
Check out more details over on the event page or feel free to ask either of the LARP reps in the discord if you have any queries.
- 📅 Week 6 Friday (June 3rd)
- 🕒 18:30-22:00
- 🗺️ B2.02
🗳🏳️🌈 Vote on the Charity for Tabletop Radio
Every year, our charity event Tabletop Radio raises money for a charity that supports LGBTQ+ people. In the past, we have supported Stonewall and Mermaids, and the online vote has just opened for you to choose who we should support this year!
Head over to the voting tab of the website to have your voice heard in our STV vote. This year, we have five great charities shortlisted (click the links below to go to their respective webpages and learn more about them):
Find out more about each of them over on the vote page and please go make your voices heard!
🌍 Megagame Tickets Will Be Available Soon™️
We are currently somewhat at the whims of the SU regarding some of the ticket stuff for the Megagame, but as soon as they get back to us tickets will be available, and you (yes, you) will be the first to hear about it! (Threat!)
❔ What's happening this week? ❔
- Monday 5-10pm: In Person Wargames - B2.01 and B2.02
- Tuesday 6-10pm: In Person Draft - B2.02 - Crimson Vow Sealed Event - £12 - you must sign up here to take part
- Wednesday 2-10pm: In Person Board Games - B2.02 and B2.04/5
- Thursday 5-10pm: In Person CCGs - B2.02
- Sunday 12-5pm: LARP - B2.02
💭 What happened last week? 💭
This week on "Mick's Adventures in the Galaxy (Vol. 2)" - Mick has once again witnessed her fellow sisters be blown up by a grenade from some bikers... facing them all alone, will Mick survive?
Readers, I was on the edge of my seat hoping against hope that Mick would make it and lo and behold she did!! In fact, in a cruel (and apparently traditional) tragedy, she was the only sister to survive. I would also like to note at this point that I didn't realise bikers featured in wargames? This has really caused me to reevaluate my wargs knowledge, just as I thought I was getting the tiniest grasp on the situation.
Extra Bonus End Bit
At this point, you've given the players a shopping episode, what more could they possibly want? Unfortunately, just as you are patting yourself on the back, one of the players starts grumbling a little about how much they wanted to fight something this session. So you sigh internally but, being the generous GM you are, describe a scream coming from outside the window and the way the shopkeeper of this clothing establishment pulls a lever and reveals an armoury behind the counter. If your players want a fight, they may as well have some fun new toys:
- The Mistake - This ornately carved wooden stake is finely balanced and desperate for you to succeed. However, any time you make a mistake or miss the enemy, the embarrassment overwhelms it and the stake bursts into a pearly mist in an attempt to conceal its (and your) flaws. It will return at some point.
- Sunsce(p)tre - not a traditional weapon but when aimed at the sky, this magical staff causes a sunset, no matter where you are, what the weather is, or what the time of day. Any and all suns in the sky will set simultaneously in such a stunning display that it will distract your assailant, giving you a chance to stab them with the knife that is duct taped to the top.
- The Hammer of Onomatopoeihyah! - This hammer only works if you as the player make the relevant hammer-attacking noises in real life as you describe your strikes. Experimenting with onomatopoeic sounds that hammers don't traditionally make will also reveal new powers. (For instance, yelling "Splash!" might make a Magikarp appear!)
- Dice-on Airblade - So you know that thing when you hover ping pong balls over a hoover? Yeah, so imagine that but what hovers is a dozen purple d20s, each with tiny swords embedded in them. How do you use this extremely practical weapon, you ask? Great question. Ask your GM.
- Heavy sabre - this weapon is forged of antimatter and the hilt offers a jolting contrast as it is bedazzled to have a disco ball effect. To stare into the void of this blade is to feel the weight of all the sins that every fighter before you has committed. It can only be wielded by people who understand that having emotions is good and useful, actually, and that being afraid or angry is not a godsdamned death sentence but a sign you are alive and aware of the world around you.
- Good soup - this soup is just so good that it will instantly kill you. Not much more to say about it than that tbh.
Wash your hands, stay safe, and come play some games with us 💛
Lils (they/he, Communications and Operations, endlessly grateful for my friends)
@ArtemisForest#9741 on Discord
We're sponsored by Zatu Games! Use the code WTGRS5 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!