If you were able to make it to the Extravaganza and/or Tabletop Radio, I hope you had a fantastic time. Thank you so much for an amazing term and I hope you are able to find rest and joy over the next couple of weeks, because you deserve it, regardless of if you have an "official" summer holiday.
❗ Announcements ❗
✨♟ Tabletop Extravaganza Roundup
Somehow Tabletop Extravaganza happened less than a week ago and I wish I could remember more about it than just that it was super fun. Thank you everyone who came along, especially if you travelled for it, and I hope you all had a lovely time.
Thank you to Reylynn for hosting and judging another mini painting competition! Pictured we have Grambletam, the Great Unclean One (painted by Scarlett), Mr Matthias, the Termagant (painted by Uke), Dominion Squad (painted by Liam O), Grey Knights Strike Team (painted by April), and Deathwing Knights (painted by Reylynn). Uke and April were in Beginner tier, and Scarlett, Liam O and Reylynn were in experienced tier (though, notably, Reylynn couldn't win as she was judging the competition). Special congrats to April for winning the Beginner level and to Scarlett for winning the Intermediate level!
🏳️🌈📡 Tabletop Radio Roundup and huge thank you
Tabletop Radio was a huge success as over the last 2 days we streamed for 24hrs (plus 1 minute!) and raised an unbelievable £1043.69 to support the incredibly important work of LGBTQ+ anti-abuse charity Galop.
Thank you so so so much to everyone who tuned in, who helped organise, who shared, who lent equipment, who participated, and who donated. Special thanks to Finnbar and Anna for running the tech behind the scenes, we could not have done it without you.
Shout out to all those who kindly donated for this fantastic cause:
- Benji (I am actively concerned for the state of your finances after the Stream but also holy heck thank you so much for all your donations)
- AceEmpress (Fern I'm also concerned about your finances too tbh, but also, tysm)
- Anonymous (thankfully Anonymous has many wallets so I'm not super worried about them, I can just be grateful)
- Not Matthew
- Oli of the RPGs
- Alex Walters
- Patrick Maslin
We now have several bonus streams on our hands to finish up a few incentives and also to fulfil all our stretch goals seeing as you helped us smash our target of £1000!! These will include Ben running a City of Mist oneshot, a Minecraft bingo stream, Ben experiencing a buffet of questionable food, genuine TED talks, and of course Taskmaster (because we love a challenge 😂). We’ll let you know about them as they pop up!
If you donated for incentives like RPG items or commissions these will get sorted over summer and you’ll likely be contacted by whoever is in charge of that incentive with more info.
You can still donate via our Tiltify for a little while longer.
👋 That's all for now, folks!
We aren't planning on running any events over summer as we don't have a Holiday Rep this year. However, you're still very welcome to organise RPGs, online games, and all the rest via our website or on our Discord.
Extra Bonus End Bit
I don't know about you, but I have watched and read many versions and variations of the age-old list, "Things to do when you're bored over summer." I recognise that this is far less applicable to the average readership of this newsletter, given that a bunch of you have actual real life jobs and are not about to start any summer holiday, but term has ended so I'm having a bit of self-indulgence, as a treat. We'll return to regularly scheduled roll tables next term, but I hope you enjoy this one anyway.
- Rest - become a leading researcher into human estivation (the summer equivalent of hibernation), go to sleep for several months and claim that time for ScienceTM
- Get crafty! - Create yourself afresh, using whatever medium most speaks to you: Papier-mâché, spare unpaired socks at the bottom of your wardrobe, a filigree form you sometimes see peering behind you when you look in the mirror - careful to tidy up any messes you make!!
- Pick up a new skill! - I can recommend poetry, gardening, and necromancy as highly rewarding hobbies with a low barrier to entry and a really enriching payoff!
- Enjoy the great outdoors - we are blessed to have time on such an unimaginably complex, beautiful planet. Offer yourself up to the wind and soil and be grateful when they turn you away, and ask you to keep going, pushing, trying, instead.
- Catch up with friends - don't ask why they're running, simply trust them and follow them, faster and faster, the world should be a blur and you should feel like the only few people left, dashing in the dark
- Write a letter to someone you haven't spoken to in a while - one of the greatest joys in life is when you realise other people think about you and care about you, unprompted. Send that warmth by carrier pigeon or messenger mouse to a loved one today.
Wash your hands, stay safe, and come play some games with us 💛
Lils (they/he, Communications and Operations, enjoying things and experiences)
@ArtemisForest#9741 on Discord
We're sponsored by Zatu Games! Use the code WTGRS5 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!