Auxiliary Role Appointments
In our handover meeting this week we elected several auxiliary roles within the society. I'll give a brief outline of these roles and who your voted in officers are below, along with their Discord usernames for the society server:
- Assistant RPGs Rep - Oli (EndeDoge5#2032) - Essentially a second RPGs rep as RPGs has SOOOOOOO much stuff going on it needs more help.
- Assistant CCGs Rep - Jared (JayRed#5119) - Lots of different CCGs presents necessity for a secondary CCGs rep to help with the running of CCGs.
- Graphics Designer - Remains Ares (dovahbutt#7544) - Ares will continue to make stunning graphics for the society over the coming year as they have been doing this year.
- (Health and) Safety Officer - James (blickster53#1279) - Making sure people are in possession of health and operate safely, primarily in LARP, hence this being appointed to the incoming LARP rep.
- Welfare Officer - Anakin (Dr_Natrium#9781) - Anakin will be responsible for ensuring you are all well mentally and will be signposting you to the relevant support networks should you require them.
- Equal Ops Officer - Remains Benjamin (L0neGamer#6609) - Kind of similar to Welfare Officer, but primarily responsible for ensuring everyone feels welcome at our events.
As another reminder, there is a 1000pt Warhammer tournament planned for Saturday 14th March. Please sign yourself up using this link.
What's happening this week?
All rooms the same as last week's, no LARP this week as it's THE END OF TERM!
- Wargames - Monday, 5-10pm, B2.04/5
- MtG Draft - Tuesday, 6-10pm, B2.02 - This week's draft is Battlebond, Buy-in: £8 per person, Prizes: Easter eggs and promos to the winning pair.
- Board Games - Wednesday, 2-10pm, B2.01 with B2.02 from 5pm.
- Casual Card Games - Thursday, 5-10pm, LIB1 - This will be the same all term, yay!
- RPGs - Saturday - Ask GMs for times and locations for any you have signed up for.
What happened last week?
Main event last week was the quiz which seemed to go fairly well. I hope you all appreciated the John round (with such delights as the bee movie quote troll and overly complex mathematics), sorry I couldn't be their to deliver it. Well done to Ares, Benjamin (Neccc), Callum and Jon (Wargs) for winning the quiz, there'll be another opportunity for new victors next term. Also, big shout out to this team (correction: Ares for writing out 100 words of Bohemian Rhapsody just to get to the word not, dedication there!
A final goodbye... (insert sad face here)
So this, being week 10 of term 2, is my final ever newsletter for the society. I'll still be around (at least until my dissertation is over with), but being a mushy person I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone in the society, both members and exec, over the last 3 years, that have made being a part of this society as enjoyable as it has been. Thank you to the standard group of people (you know who you are) that are always about on a Wednesday afternoon to play an aggressive 10 rounds of 13 player Love letter. Thank you to all the members of the exec this year for supporting me in this role and helping to make the newsletter what it is slowly becoming. In my tenure as Comms officer (now Co-Ops officer) the newsletter has seen some tweaks and changes and we've now got the highlights channel to aid interaction with the society's members and the newsletter. I wish the new exec the best of luck in the year ahead, particularly Ares, who I hope can continue the work I have done on the newsletter this year, and continue to keep you all updated on what's 'the haps' within the society each week.
Goodbye, and thank you. For the last time:
All the best,
Luke Scriven (Communications Officer)
Society Facebook Page
Wargames Facebook Group
Card Games Facebook Group
Board Games Facebook Group
RPG Facebook Group
LARPs Facebook Group
Our Sponsors, Zatu Games