I have a triple helping of Important Announcements for you this week! Opinions! Democracy! Quiz!
A Newsletter Survey
The time has come around for a newsletter survey, the aim of which is to get your opinions (good and bad!) on this newsletter as it stands. The aim is to use the results of this survey to improve our future newsletters!
All questions are optional, and the survey is broken into 2 sections: (1) reading and receiving the newsletter; and (2) the content of the newsletter. Unless you explicitly choose to provide your name/details at the end of this survey so that I can contact you if you wish to discuss your thoughts, the survey is completely anonymous. Finally, the survey will be open to submissions from 23rd November (9.00am) to 13th December (11.55pm).
If you can take 10 minutes to sit down and complete this, I will be incredibly grateful. And don't worry, I'll be reminding you in every newsletter from here on out (until the survey closes) to do it!
>>> Complete the survey here!
A Dice Vote
As some of you may know, every year we offer a society-branded D6 dice to all those who purchase our society membership as a thank you for supporting the society.
This year, we're switching provider, and with that we've been given an overwhelmingly large selection of dice colours to choose from! The exec have narrowed this choice down to a sensible 13 dice colour options, which you can now vote on! You can select as many options as you wish. The dice with the most votes will then go forward to become reality, and you'll hopefully be able to start collecting your dice after Christmas.
Our termly quiz returns! This time, we've got:
- Christmas Music (Finnbar);
- Board Game Board Game Game (Sol);
- Guessing Guesses (Alex and Jon with their powers combined);
- How well do you know the music in your D&D games? (Anakin);
- Demises, Death and Dying (James);
- A TBC Round;
- and to top it off, a Froggy Themed Bonus Round (by me)!
There's no need to sign up in advance, and there is no entry cost (and sadly, no prizes for the main quiz) - however, we are going to be setting up a way to make an optional donation to the society, which will go towards buying games and other equipment for when we can finally meet in person again!
What's happening this week?
- Monday 5-10pm: Online Wargames
- Tuesday 6-10pm: Online Draft - Commander Legends (CMR) - free! (as it's online) - you must sign up here to take part
- Wednesday 5-10pm: Online Board Games
- Thursday 5-10pm: Online CCGs - for those in the Commander Boxing League, we will NOT be doing proper matches this week. Instead, you can use this free week to test stuff out if you wish!
What happened last week?
Our X-Wing Tournament happened this past Saturday! Jon has written a little summary of the event for us: "After a day of asteroid accidents, bombs backfiring, a dozen droids destroyed, TIEs trounced, and a decided lack of A-Wing slashing, @Alex (Board Games Rep) came out of the tournament undefeated! Congratulations Alex!"
We also have some screenshots (see below), though for people who do not play X-Wing (like me!) they may be a tad indecipherable. Not to worry, Alex provided me with some "perfectly apt descriptions totally":
- Picture 1, left: Stressed out big boi
- Picture 2, middle: Stressed out Alex boi
- Picture 3, right: Very aggravated Jamie
That's all from me this week; please please please complete my newsletter survey!
Wash your hands, stay inside, and come play some games with us (online) <3
Ares Osborn (Communications and Operations, have you drunk enough water today?)
@dovahbutt#7544 on Discord
Use the code STU99 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!