It's the penultimate week before (most of us, not me) get Christmas break, and it holds the remainder of our big events for this term. Check out "what's happening this week?" for a reminder of what we've got in store for you.
Dice Vote Results!
Thank you to everyone who voted in the Dice Vote that I talked about last week! The results are now in!! Excitement!!!
We are taking the top 5 dice to send to production, which are (with Finnbar's comments in brackets, and corresponding to the photo below from left to right):
- Lustrous Purple (so many votes)
- Gemini Purple Steel (aka kind of ace)
- Gemini Blue Magenta (reminds me of the sort of covers you get on a bus seat)
- Scarab Blue Blood (which isn't very blue...)
- Leaf Black (fun fact: leaves aren't black)
We'll hopefully have these dice with us to distribute when everyone is back from the winter break. That being said, it might still be a while until we can meet in person, so sit tight, and we'll keep you updated.
Reminder: Newsletter Survey
I'm going to repeat exactly what I said last week on the Newsletter survey as a reminder! Thank you so much to everyone so far who has responded, I really appreciate it and I'm already giving the feedback a peek and working out how to move forwards next term, taking it into account.
The time has come around for a newsletter survey, the aim of which is to get your opinions (good and bad!) on this newsletter as it stands. The aim is to use the results of this survey to improve our future newsletters!
All questions are optional, and the survey is broken into 2 sections: (1) reading and receiving the newsletter; and (2) the content of the newsletter. Unless you explicitly choose to provide your name/details at the end of this survey so that I can contact you if you wish to discuss your thoughts, the survey is completely anonymous. Finally, the survey will be open to submissions from 23rd November (9.00am) to 13th December (11.55pm).
If you can take 10 minutes to sit down and complete this, I will be incredibly grateful. And don't worry, I'll be reminding you in every newsletter from here on out (until the survey closes) to do it!
>>> Complete the survey here!
What's happening this week?
- Monday 5-10pm: Online Wargames
- Tuesday 6-10pm: Online Draft - Commander Legends (CMR) - free! (as it's online) - you must sign up here to take part
- Wednesday 5-10pm: Online Board Games
- Thursday 5-10pm: Online CCGs - we're beginning the boxing league this week, and we now have a set of rules/a scoring system, which you can check out here (please don't go and edit it willy nilly or I will bring my wrath down upon you).
- Friday 6-8pm: The Quiz! You can read more about the quiz in last week's newsletter, but to summarise: we'll be running the quiz on Discord (in our separate QuizCord server, so please join that if you want to join in) and via our Twitch channel. We've got rounds on Christmas Music, Board Game Board Game Game, Guessing Guesses, "How well do you know the music in your D&D games?", Demises, Death and Dying, and a bonus froggy-themed round! There's no need to sign up in advance, and there is no entry cost (and sadly, no prizes for the main quiz) - however, we are going to be setting up a way to make an optional donation to the society.
- Saturday midday-Sunday midnight: Tabletop Weekend! You can read more about Tabletop Weekend in Week 6's newsletter, but to summarise: Tabletop Weekend is an opportunity to get together on Discord and play even more games than we do each week. Any games are welcome, whether they be board games, CCGs, RPG one-shots, or video games! We encourage you to organise any big games, tournaments, and/or RPG one-shots you want to host or play in advance - please create an event on our website's Events page.
Additionally, Week 9 is the University's Pride Week, and you can check out the events that they'll be holding this week (and into the start of December) here.
What happened last week?
The Netrunner Tournament has been going strong these past few weeks, and is set to conclude this week. It's Finnbar versus Hannah at the top, aka the one that runs all the tournaments and manages to keep coming second versus the plucky newcomer (there's also technically the chance for Amelie to win in a shock twist, I'm told, due to Strength of Schedule). I'll bring you the results hot off the press in next week's newsletter!
Wash your hands, stay inside, and come play some games with us (online) <3
Ares Osborn (Communications and Operations, assaulted by the sound of sleigh bells jingling from downstairs where Finnbar lives)
@dovahbutt#7544 on Discord
Use the code STU99 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!