A big warm welcome to freshers joining us and a very lovely welcome back to everyone joining us for another year!
❗ Announcements ❗
💜 Buy your membership!
Oh boy now I have to sell the society to you .... please buy our membership?
If you enjoyed any of our events, wish to join in on our festivities, loan board games/RPGs or even just want to support the society please buy your soc membership!
Our membership is £3.50 for the year!
We're not asking you to sell your soul to Strawberry Jam or even asking you to join in on every event! You can join any event you wish too (trust me we have some fun collabs and special events coming up)!
Buying your soc membership simply allows us to keep the society running and continue buying new equipment, meaning better events!
Now if that hasn't sold you maybe the free dice will?
Once you've brought your membership you can get a free D6! Simply show up to one of our events like board games & ask a member of exec (look for the purple hoodies) to help you!
🎲 Room bookings!
Quick message from the new RPGs rep!
If you would like a room booked to play weekend RPGs this term please message Ethan (vortex_creed_113)!
Just let him know your room preferences (e.g near a lift or stairs) and when you would like it!
❔ What's happening this week? ❔
- Monday 5-10pm: In Person Wargames - MB0.07
- Tuesday 6-10pm: In Person Draft - B2.02 - Neon Dynasty & Tales of middle - £11 - you must sign up here to take part
- Wednesday 2-10pm: In Person Board Games - B2.02 and B2.04/5
- Thursday 5-10pm: In Person CCGs - B2.02
- Sunday 12-5pm: LARP - B2.02
💭 What happened last week? 💭
Intro to Wargames!
We kick started the week with Intro to Wargames! It was a strong start to the week with a range of games & some mini making!
Gaslands got off to a not so smooth start!
A collision was narrowly avoided but the driver may not have thought through their next moves!
The game ended in battle with everyone ganging up on Carboom who despite their best efforts still won!
In Blood Bowl, the Orks have massacred 2 goblins and finally managed to pick the ball up… but! There's danger ahead for them in the form of an angry Centaur!
Some gorgeous minis made over at Bens craft table!
Meet Nas and Casper, built by the lovely Hannah and Narmeen!
To begin with, a wounded Luke Skywalker faces down two Imperial Speeder Bikes!
Soon the ball is on the other foot, as Vader fights off a Rebel AT-RT! And the rebels take the day as, alas, Luke is struck down!
Over in 40k a psychopage and bloodcrushers clash in the middle of the battlefield for an objective. Despite both being powerful units no damage is sustained in the first round of combat. The area quickly turns in a mosh pit of intense fighting until the Daemons emerge victorius a couple of turns later.
In a later game, The Terror of Vardenghast and Kh'har'ret the Butcher meet in a terrifying duel. After 2 rounds of fighting The Terror of Vardenghast slays its opponent.
Intro to LARP!
We had an amazing turnout for Intro to LARP last week! Turns out everyone loves monstering!
That or they love wielding weapons which I can't blame anyone for, who doesn't love a big sword.
Intro to RPGs!
Rounding off the week we had my personal fave event of welcome week; Intro to RPGs!
A big thank you to Ben, Ethan, Issac for running this event and all the wonderful GMs & players for supporting it!
A collection of things were chanted throughout Bens game of Havoc Brigade including:
- “ZOO! ZOO! ZOO!”
- “HATS! HATS! HATS!”
- “KILL ALL THE HATS!”
- “TIGER! RABBIT! DUCK!”
Fate core accelerated!
We ended up with a crew of mercenaries based on a space station ran by gangs, who went on a mission down to the post-apocalyptic earth to find a power source and had to deal with locals, other gangs and alien plant creatures on the way.
Jellyfish Felonies The gang employed a wide array of schemes, such as:
- print fake money
- get raided by the whale cops (who are whales that are cops)
- steal a shipment from an extremely powerful crime boss
- rescue/kidnap a detective
- insurance fraud
- try dubious scam medicine from a dodgy pawn shop
- assault a terrifying cuttlefish gangster
- set fire to a building while one of them is inside
- agree to work for above terrifying cuttlefish
- cheat at cards
- be threatened with a gun
- get eaten by a whale
V is for going Viral "It happened people enjoyed" - Ethan (GM of the game)
- Mitosis (the tank of the party) leaned into his himbo side & showed his respects for the missing with a simple "F"
- We later learn that thats actually all he could type!
- Flynn (the most antisocial character ever /lh) gets a new bestie! Or at least Mitosis thinks they're besties....
- The party splits! Definately for the worst! Leading to a human backpack?
- With Mitosis shape shifting ability & Aurora (Rift of the northern lights) purple glow they become a slightly messed up discoball!
- Peace is restored! Suprisingly with minimal casualties
Extra Bonus End Bit
Adventures of Strawberry Jam!
After the very chaotic welcome week, Jams decided he deserves a break & is having a little nap! (hint hint current exec you need a nap too)
Have a good day!
Alysha (she/they, Communications and Operations officer!) @alyshaaa#6447 on Discord!