We've officially made it halfway through term 3! And hopefully most way through deadline doom for most of you!
❗ Announcements ❗
🧠 Tabletop Quiz is almost here!!
The chaos of Tabletop Quiz is looming in the distance ready to
cause havoc provide entertainment post-exams!
If you fancy causing some chaos and want to run a quiz round DM Kelsey (kelseyk#5830)! Rounds don't have to be tabletop related though you're more than welcome to make them society relevant!
If you're interested come and join us on Friday the 23rd of June! You & the rest of your team will be in the running for some funky prizes! More details to follow soon!
✍️ Help out at Warwick Writing Fest!
If you're interested in the creative writing side of RPGs drop by our stall at Warwick writing fest on June 6th 10-4pm! This event will be in the Agora of the FAB (the open space where you first walk in the FAB main doors)!
Closer to the time we will put out an announce in our discord to let you know what room we're in!
If you want to be involved in this event or just love creative writing in RPGs we'd love your help!
We're looking for character sheets (with backstory) for any system you enjoy with a little description of why you made the character this way or why you love creative writing in this setting to share with anyone who drops by our stand! If character creations not quite your thing but you still want to help out feel free to do a similar thing for world building!
If you have any questions or want to help us out DM Ethan (Vortex_Creed_113#8446) or Issac (A Person#2780)!
🏰Calling all Larpers!
To round off this academic year LARP invites you all to join them to LARP in Kenilworth castle!!
This event will run on Sunday the 25th of June during Tabletop Extravaganza in week 9 at the normal LARP time of 12pm!
If you want to take part in this yearly tradition (or have any questions) DM Matthew (Lonely Secundus#6298) or react to the announcement put out in the LARP channel in the discord!
📡Tabletop Radio's just around the corner!
To keep the good tabletop vibes going over summer we will be hosting Tabletop Radio online this year! We'll be coming to a twitch stream near you over the summer holidays!
Have your say on what charity we support this year by clicking here!
If you have any content ideas you would like to see or any
punishments fun activities we can do for stretch goals DM Ben (Nasenbaer23#8574)!
❔ What's happening this week? ❔
- Monday 5-10pm: In Person Wargames - MB0.07
- Tuesday 6-10pm: In Person Draft - B2.02 - Decide on the day! - £TBD - you must sign up here to take part
- Wednesday 2-10pm: In Person Board Games - B2.02
- Thursday 5-10pm: In Person CCGs - B2.02
- Sunday 12-5pm: LARP - B2.02
💭 What happened last week? 💭
Last week in Demigods:the finale!
- Uh oh
the gangEl owes pretty much everyone a favour whoops. First up our fave hardware store employee!
- Awww in the process of helping Dorrin the gang ends up becoming matchmakers for Norse gods!
- We finally visit our fave hidden fight club & get to witness (and join!) Terry the cat's ring girl activities!
- Jesse does a lot of "honk shoo mimimi" -ing to get out of causing problems
- Everyone meets El's mum! To welcome Erato we all don our "kill your husband" robes!
- El & Lani get put in air jail :( too much uppies
- Chaos ensues at the god council meeting (which somehow included daft punk) thanks to our favourite nerds
- Big boss battle time! Wait whats that sound? It's Kai's VW van taking the lift up the Empire state building just to push Adam (nerd 1) out the window!
- Suprise suprise the gods are sick of us and blip us all into the middle of no where to fight it out peacefully
- In the end after many ascendence moves, the brand new VW van getting crushed & a lot of healing we win! No more black holes & messed up gravity for New York!
- In our final cut scenes we see what everyones been up to since the break with the real highlight being Pockets the deer travelling the world & realms in his "kill your husband" robe!
Last week in LARP:
Following a calling-in of a favour from a witch, the party delved into the depths of the Endless Forest in search of the life spirit that had up until recently been inhabiting the body of the "king". Within the twisting shadows of the trees, they encountered the disciples of an exceptionally bloodthirsty spirit, a knight of Kitaland who met a very unfortunate fate, and, of course, ghouls. A detour was then made so that one of the party members could ascend to the heights of shadow magic, before the party had to at last negotiate with a spirit who was really getting tired of people messing with it.
Pathfinder: Strength of Thousands: The party managed to trick a gang of thieves, giving a couple the chance to slip by and get closer to their leader. Turning what would've been a fight with a gang and then a fight with a little dragon into a three-way nightmare!
Extra Bonus End Bit
Adventures of Strawberry Jam! With exam season making everyone love their life (/s) Strawbs here to send everyone the good vibes & remind everyone to take snack breaks!
If you're a bubble tea fan & fancy being nosy
i'm Jams a big cherry tea with lychee bubbles fan!
Alysha (she/they, Communications and Operations officer!) @alyshaaa#6447 on Discord
We're sponsored by Zatu Games! Use the code WTGRS5 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!