Happy pride month everyone!
❗ Announcements ❗
⚓️🏴☠️Interested in the megagame?
This years annual megagame is Hoist the colours!
Made by our very own members, you and a team three of friends can get behind the wheel of a pirate ship, explore mysterious surroundings and seek out buried treasure, all while avoiding the long arm of the law ... and your fellow pirates!!
If living the life of a pirate isn't quite your speed theres also the opportunity to be part of the news team!
Tickets will be avaliable to purchase on the SU website from 9am on Friday the 9th to the 16th of June at 5pm and cost £3 for society members or £4 for non-members!
If you're interested grab tickets while you can! There's only 40 spaces avaliable!
Hope to see you there on Sunday the 18th of June! Exact room in Westwood TBD!
The game will start at 10am but we recommend you aim to be there at 9:30 so team organisation and safety rules can be sorted!
📸 Check out our Instagram!
If you want to see our beautiful (/lh) faces, highlights and condensed newsletters check out our Instagram!
We'll be posting pics of our stands at the upcoming writing festival, socsfest & open days! Come have a chat if you're free (or want a break from exams)!
Click here to have a look!
🧠 Want to help out in Tabletop Quiz?
Tabletop Quiz is almost here!
If you're interested in running a quiz round DM Kelsey (kelseyk#5830)! Rounds can be any topic you fancy!
Come and join us 7-10pm on Friday the 23rd of June in OC0.01! You & the rest of your team will be in the running for some fun tabletop related prizes!
❔ What's happening this week? ❔
- Monday 5-10pm: In Person Wargames - MB0.07
- Tuesday 6-10pm: In Person Draft - B2.02 - Modern - £TBD - Show up at the start time to join! This weeks session is a chilled out one due to expected low turnout!
- Wednesday 2-10pm: In Person Board Games - B2.02
- Thursday 5-10pm: In Person CCGs - B2.02
- Sunday 12-5pm: LARP - B2.02
💭 What happened last week? 💭
Call of Cthulu: Flaw in the lens (slight spoilers ahead!)
- In a holiday gone wrong Gwyneth Paltrow, Erno Rubik, an ornithologist called Falcon & animal hunter Lazlo Craven end up having more of an adventure than they hoped for
- Their holiday gets off to a great start as their slightly suspicious driver leaves them 'stranded' at an abandoned house where they find the shadows of the used-to-be-residents don't move, squid shaped shadows are stuck on the ground & the bugs are huge
- Our delightful guide gets even more suspicious so Lazlo (the groups protector) puts a stop to that! In his final words he tries to apologise for leading us here & tell us they're beautiful (whatever 'they' are)
- A fax machine!! We're saved!! ... Nevermind our ornithologist 'uncle' is sending us on a wild goose chase (pun very much intended) to go bird watching? & go to old monuments?
- Conviniently, the previous residents weren't very good at hiding their secrets! Turns out some scientists in the past were assembling three lenses that kinda messed up the island!
- Oh no we missed our welcome party! Thats quite tragic
- Gwyneth Paltrow gets put in air jail! No stars or space for her!
- The party attempt to make friends with some creatures that act like the fish in Wii Play!!
- OMG whats that on the horizon! A boat! We're saved!
- After some very bad boating, a bit too much murder and recreating the Titanic door moment the party (minus Falcon RIP) crash onto the mainland!!
- In a shocking twist instead of waiting for help the remianing party battles on the beach, it truly was the worst (and last) holiday of their lives
<- A visual of the madness made during this one shot!
Last week in Wargames:
This week Sir Winston Churchill got in a bit of trouble! Luckily, a Nights Lords dreadnought shielded him from the incoming Tyranis swarm!
He was later driven to safety by a chaos rhino!
Extra Bonus End Bit
Adventures of Strawberry Jam!
To relieve some post exam stress Jam became a star baker!
Just kidding but he does make a good free-from brownie!
Hope everyones exams are going well!
Alysha (she/they, Communications and Operations officer!) @alyshaaa#6447 on Discord
We're sponsored by Zatu Games! Use the code WTGRS5 at the checkout to get 5% off your purchase!